Most of us don’t eat the recommend daily servings of fruits and veggies, and smoothies are a great way to ensure we meet our body’s nutritional needs. They’re easy to make and you can create unlimited combinations. Kids and adults love them and their delicious. They’re great for detoxing, digestion health, beauty, stronger immune system, better sleep, a brain boost, more energy, and so much more. This is one of my favorite recipes and thought I’d share it with you.
- 1/2 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup almond milk (or nut milk of your choice…)
- 1 handful of soaked nuts or 2 tbsp nut butter of your choice
- 1 Tsp of Chia seeds
- Place all of the ingredients in the blender and then blend until smooth.
- Let the mixture sit for a minute so that the pectin from the blueberries and the chia seeds will help thicken the drink. If the drink gets too thick, then drink it with a straw, or eat it with a spoon. Enjoy!
Smoothies are great for breakfast, snacks, or even a light supper. They can be taken to work, school, the gym, or even on hiking trips. We love them.