Centuries ago, people did not have doctors, specialist, or antibiotics to manipulate their health. They relied on Mother Nature and good ole common sense to recover from illness and injuries. Natural and herbal folk recipes and formulas were passed down through the generations because they worked. But somehow, we lost touch with what’s natural and have turned to chemical solutions that can do more harm than the condition it’s treating. My newest book You Are Your Own Best Medicine, a Doctor’s Advice on the Body’s Natural Healing Powers, shares simple do-it-yourself remedies that activate the body’s natural healing powers.
- Taking Off Excess Weight
- Getting Your Body Moving
- Improving Your Sleep
- Commonsense Solutions to Everyday Health Problems
- The Struggle Against Infectious Diseases and How to Protect Your Children
- Pressure Point Therapies for Emergencies and Everyday Care
- Moving Toward Sexual Fulfillment
- Eliminating Stress and Depression
- Training Your Brain
- Magnetism, Clairvoyance, and Mysterious Healing
Our bodies are naturally intuitive and knows what it needs to bring our body back to homeostasis. These innate powers we have are almost never used. They need to be activated in order to effectively treat a considerable number of symptoms and illnesses.
You Are Your Own Best Medicine, addresses common ailments like allergies, sleep disorders, cardiovascular problems, sexual dysfunction, and excess weight. You will learn:
• how washing your hands helps your mood,
• why hitting snooze on your alarm makes you tired,
• how pistachios are more effective than Viagra,
• simple acupressure tricks to relieve cramps, congestion, and other acute conditions,
• how dark chocolate helps you lose weight,
• which sleep position increases your risk of cancer,
• the role of gut flora and probiotics in alleviating asthma,
• how kissing boosts the immune system and helps wounds heal faster,
• the importance of replacing your pillow regularly,
• and much, much more . . .
Giving full scientific backing to home remedies that were well known three generations ago, as well as providing his own tips and tricks from his years as a respected medical doctor in Paris, Dr. Saldmann shows how the body can produce its own medicines and, given the opportunity, prevent illness altogether.
I gleaned a lot of insight from the natural remedies presented in this book. Some I knew about, others were eye opening. For instance, our posture while sitting on the toilet can make or break a healthy bowel movement. I thought the power and therapeutic uses of magnetism were interesting as I use magnets every day. This book is a great hands one manual for natural remedies that leave no side effects and are effective.